Hunt: Showdown is quite possibly the most underrated FPS game. It features a high amount of risk and reward system. Other Hunters are the biggest threat but there are NPC monsters. Most fearsome is the bounty target that everyone is chasing which poses a significant challenge to the players as well. Fighting a boss in Hunt: Showdown doesn’t instantly end the match. An extraction is still required for players to get that win. With that, today we are going to talk about how to defeat one of the most difficult bounties. That is the infamous Hunt Showdown Butcher boss.
Hunt: Showdown Butcher Boss Description
The Butcher is a huge humanoid boss with a pig head for a head. It is a very gruesome Hunt: Showdown boss that wears a bloodied apron, has a wooden spoon, and metal parts protruding from its skin in a gruesome fashion that makes this boss a true horror monster that shouldn’t be in an FPS game. His lore is dark and creepy.
The Hunt: Showdown Butcher wields a large meathook. He swings it for huge damage, capable of downing a player in just a few hits. The Butcher can also throw fireballs from distance and is immune to all types of fire damage. The Hunt: Showdown Butcher also has a frenzy mode duration. It grants the Butcher extra damage and resistance during its frenzied mode. If you are a new player and are looking for tips on how to take down The Hunt: Showdown Butcher, we recommend you use shotguns and explosives. If you can find one and get up close, the Butcher is weak to rending. This means an axe will deal serious damage to the Butcher if you are lucky enough to get up close.
Take Advantage of His Weaknesses
A safer way to defeat the Butcher is probably taking advantage of its low mobility. Players can kite it around the environment as you puncture holes in its body with your bullets. It will be risky and time-consuming as other players can potentially come in and take your life and bounty but kiting this boss is the safest way to defeat it.
The first thing new players should know is that rifles are probably not the best weapon for this bounty. They might work pretty well against the Spider bounty or for facing against players. Yet, they will most likely not be as effective against the Butcher. What you need is a good old Shotgun to the face that does lots of damage in a short-range. Here is a more detailed guide on how to defeat the Butcher in Hunt Showdown.
So, How Do You Defeat the Butcher in Hunt: Showdown?
The Hunt: Showdown Butcher is definitely a hulking giant that already overwhelms most of the players. Players should always remember that he deals heavy melee damage with his hook and sets prays on fire. A key point to remember is that oftentimes, the Butcher’s lair has explosive barrels lying around that might explode if he throws a flaming projectile.
The Hunt: Showdown Butcher is very vulnerable to rending damage and somewhat vulnerable to poison, but do remember that he is immune to fire. Choke bombs can extinguish its hook temporarily, or set as an auto-extinguish station for the players. Planning is the key to defeating the Butcher.
While you are running around the environment, try to get the Butcher to trudge repeatedly through a concertina bomb or poison cloud. These items are probably best used when the Butcher is in frenzy mode, as it will mindlessly chase the player without thinking about traps.
The moment you have Butcher downed, beware of its final swing attack that can one-shot a player. Getting dropped by the Butcher’s final hook is the worst way to end a fight. Wait until it actually kneels over before you go to banish it.
The cheapest way to kill the Butcher is probably the Adrenaline shot and using the Axe. Remember, you can earn one of Hunt: Showdown’s hidden achievements by defeating any boss with a melee weapon (Eeny, Melee, Miny, Moe Achievement). The butcher is one of the best bosses to earn this achievement on.
More Tips and Tricks to Defeat this Terrifying Boss
Tips and tricks to look out for during your next Hunt Showdown Butcher boss fight:
- The first one is the hook attack that can light the player on fire, then we have fireball with which it throws fireballs to players that can potentially blow up a barrel.
- After that, we have the frenzy mode where the Butcher sprints towards the play and then sets the player on fire if he gets close enough.
- Up till now the best weapon to use for the Butcher is Nitro Express Rifle. It is a double-barrel shotgun, which has the maximum amount of damage and a decent range as well. This will allow players to stay back and evade the Butcher as you safely deal damage. This is necessary because the Butcher can easily take players out in a few strikes.
- Plan out your fight and make sure to abuse the Butcher’s lack of mobility. Kite him as much as you can. Make him run around in a circle while you fire as many shots as you can. This strategy works well if you have a partner with you as one of you can easily kite the Butcher without fear of death and the other player can fire shots at the Butcher until he dies.
- Make sure to fire and then run away as far as you can before reloading and firing again. The Butcher in Hunt: Showdown will be dead after a few shots. Sometimes, the Butcher will fall down during the fight and this is when players should use as many explosives as you can onto it. Save your frag bombs and dynamites for when he is stunned and down on one of its knees so that you can wreak absolute havoc.
- Make sure not to face him unless you are firing at him. This will help you move quickly around the environment and not corner yourself in between two walls. Try using your teammates if you have one to distract the Butcher’s attention so that the Butcher is unable to focus on one particular target.
- The Butcher gets an AOE ability once he loses half of his health. That’s when the second phase starts and he will start lighting the arena or the environment on fire. Be careful until he calms down. Sneak up and attack it whenever you get the chance.
Keep repeating these strategies and you should be very well prepared for your next Hunt: Showdown Butcher fight. Feel free to check out our companion guide for more boss fight tips in Hunt: Showdown and strategies on how to defeat other bosses in-game.
If you are a legendary hunter in truth and are a master at defeating the Butcher, please feel free to leave a comment below if you have any more tips or tricks for us to add to this guide.