If you spent hours exploring the vast world of Skyrim and decided to build your own dream home, then you might have stumbled upon quarried stone. Quarried stone is an essential resource for constructing your homestead in the game, but it is not always easy to find. In this post, we will tell you all you need to know about where to find quarried stone in Skyrim.
Whether you need quarried stone for a fortress, a house, or any other structure in Skyrim, this guide will reveal all possible sources to help make your quest for this resource much more manageable and efficient.
Where Can I Find Quarried Stone?
Quarried Stone can only be found in certain places on the map; unfortunately, it cannot be bought from traders, as it is only available at specific locations. Typically, it is found near mountains, mines, and next to Heartfire plots of land.
The way to acquire quarried stone is by mining it, just like mining iron or any other mineral. There are 4000 pieces of quarried stone that can be mined from a single place before it is depleted. However, after some time, the number resets, and you can mine again.
This article will show you where all the stone quarries are located in Skyrim so you can build an amazing homestead for yourself.
Sources Near Homesteads
- Heljarchen Hall – This place is near the north of Whiterun, and it is a snowy place in The Pale. It is next to the carpenter’s table.
- Lakeview Manor – It is located the Northeast of Falkreath in the forest between a big rock and the lake. The stone is directly on the rock near the Homestead. For more information, check out our much more in-depth guide on how to find Lakeview Manor in Skyrim.
- Windstad Manor – Northeast of Morthal in the lightly snowy areas. The Quarry is located to the right of the anvil at the rock.
Note: All of these locations will be revealed when you purchase the plot of land.
All Other Sources of Quarried Stone in Skyrim
- Battle-Born Farm, Whiterun – Located directly east of Whiterun, the stone quarry is located directly on the rock behind the farm.
- Bilegulch Mine – Located in the Falkreath Hold, southwest of Fort Sungard. Left of the entrance is a stone quarry.
- Black Briar Lodge – The Lodge is located east of Riften, and the stone quarry is behind the lodge.
- Darkwater Crossing – Darkwater Crossing is a mining settlement in the Eastmarch. The quarry to get Skyrim’s quarried stone is located near the smelter.
- Dawnstar – Near the Iron-Breaker mine at the smelter.
- Dragon Bridge – Dragon Bridge is located in the Haafingar hold in between Solitude and Markarth, the stone quarry is located northwest of the Dragon Bridge Lumber Camp.
- Embershard Mine – Embershard Mine is probably the first mine you encounter in Skyrim, and it is located between Helgen and Riverwood. Left of the entrance, there is a stone quarry.
- Falkreath – In the town of Falkreath, behind the barracks, there are two sources.
- Half-Moon Mill – Located north of Falkreath, the stone quarry is east of Half-Moon Mill, behind an uncut log pile.
- Hall of The Vigilant – Located southwest of Dawnstar, this one can be slightly tricky, but the stone quarry is at the bottom of the path leading to the right house.
- Hlaalu Farm – Hlaalu Farm is located east of Windhelm, and the stone quarry is just outside the fenced area.
- Ivarstead – Ivarstead is really easy to find, you just need to follow the main quest, and it will show relatively early. That being said, this set of quarried stones in Skryim is located behind Narfi’s Shack.
- Karthwasten – A settlement in the reach near the Sundered Towers, the quarried stone is located behind the miner’s barracks near the entrance of Sanuarach Mine in Karthwasten.
- Katla’s Farm – This is the farm right next to Solitude, and you can find it just by playing the main quest or buying a cart to Solitude. The quarried stone is on the right side of the Solitude Stables house.
- Kynesgrove – Kynesgrove is a settlement in the Eastmarch south of Windhelm, and is a part of the main quest so it also should be easy to find. The quarried stone is behind the inn on the left, near the mine.
- Markarth – Above the Left Hand Mine, near the entrance to Markarth.
- Morthal – Behind the Guardhouse, there is one source of quarried stone in Skyrim.
- Northwind Mine – This is a place in The Rift northwest of Shor’s Stone. The stone quarry is to the right of the entrance.
- Pinewatch – Pinewatch is in the Falkreath hold northeast of Falkreath. It is located near the Lakeview Manor.
- Riverwood – Riverwood is usually the very first settlement you encounter in Skyrim, but did you know that there are two sources of quarried stone? One is behind Faendal’s house, the other on the rock behind the inn.
- Rorikstead – Rorikstead is the farthest settlement in the hold from Whiterun, and it is located directly west. Near the chicken nests on the farm, there is a stone quarry.
- Sacellum of Boethiah – This place is a Daedric shrine in the Eastmarch along the eastern border of the map. On the way up, to the left, is the stone quarry for Skyrim players looking to get some quarried stone.
- Shor’s Stone – Located in the north of Riften, to the left of the entrance, is the quarried stone.
- Whitewatch Tower – Whitewatch Tower is located to the northeast of Whiterun, by the banner on the side of the building.
- Winterhold – there is a stone quarry behind the Jarl’s longhouse in Skyrim.
Quarried stone is a bit tricky to come by, as it is not sold at merchants but rather must be mined. It is usually found near mountains, mines, and Heartfire plots of land. This article has listed the locations of all quarried stone sources in the game, including homesteads and other settlements.
Overall, knowing where to find quarried stone in Skyrim will help players construct the structures and buildings they want to make their home amazing, making their journey throughout the game’s world much more enjoyable and pleasant.
What have you managed to build with your quarried stone? What is your world in Skyrim like? Let us know in the comments below.
And, for more great content on this epic RPG, check out some of our other guides, including our discussion of the best way to call and get a horse in Skyrim.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You will need to purchase the Hearthfire DLC in order to obtain this resource to build your new, magnificent home. You can’t plan much ahead unless you have this DLC.
It is not possible to completely mine and remove all quarried stones in Skyrim. After you mine the stone, the amount of stone available at a location will reset, making it possible to continue mining this resource forever, with enough patience.