Sniping in games can be a lot of fun. Yet, sniper builds can be tricky to pull off in Payday 3 with so much intense action going on around you. Though, in the right hands and with some practice, being a marksman in Payday 3 can be a lot of fun.
Fortunately, Payday 3 provides players with the necessary tools to succeed with marksman rifles, and this sniper build guide will cover everything you need to know to master your long-range loadout.
Why Run a Sniper Build in Payday 3?
Payday 3 is a game about patience that can be shattered in a second. Matches can be transformed into chaos, with bullets flying all over the place in a matter of seconds. In situations like these, only talented players can keep their cool and hold their aim. This guide will help aspiring snipers choose the right build in Payday 3 to maximize their gameplay.
What is a Long-Range Build in Payday 3?
A long-range, sniper build in Payday 3 is used by players fighting enemies from a distance with marsman or sniper rifles. These weapons have high damage capacity but usually do not perform well in close-quarters scenarios due to their slow fire rate and high magnification zoom.
There are four variables that players should consider when using a sniper loadout in Payday 3.
There are enemy snipers in Payday 3 that can spawn in random locations outside the central location of the mission. These snipers can deal massive damage and should be dealt with right away. Thankfully, they have a slow fire rate. Thus, taking them out as quickly as possible is the best counter for them.
As a sniper, you are vulnerable to close enemies, so it is essential that you either have teammates close or carry a reliable sidearm that can help you deal with close-quarters combat.
A long-range player will do well playing around the action from a distance but also trying to stay away from enemy spawns. Additionally, you can quickly deal with threats to the objective from a distance.
Teammates – AI vs Players
Having a sniper role will play out entirely differently when playing with bots than with friends. Bots will always be around you, drawing all the enemy’s attention toward you, which can make the sniper experience a little overwhelming unless you are down for some trick shots.
Playing with friends, on the other hand, can be extremely fun as you can better plan your positioning and stay away from enemies. Either way, running a sniper loadout in Payday 3 is always good fun.
Best Payday 3 Build For Snipers
Payday is known for having a massive armory of weapons. While there are some options in Payday 3, we will probably have to wait for some time before getting our hands on a wide variety of weapons, especially snipers and marksman rifles, as there are only two in the game right now.
This sniper build will help you pick the right equipment and skills in Payday 3 to benefit your preferred long-range playstyle.
Best Skill Trees For Snipers in Payday 3
- Strategist: The Strategist skill tree is a great option when playing with friends. It will benefit you and your teammates when dealing with or receiving damage from marked targets. As a sniper, you will have a better sense of everything going on in the game. You will be given a better chance to mark ranged enemies and be more effective against them.
- Engineer: While the Engineer tree might not make immediate sense, it is an excellent option if you carry turrets to watch your back. This skill tree will buff and give other abilities to your deployed turrets in Payday 3.
- Sharpshooter: The Sharpshooter skill tree is a sniper’s best friend in Payday 3. It rewards players for staying scoped by buffing their damage and removing penalties for shooting from a distance. Most of the skills in this tree are crucial for a long-range, sniper loadout in Payday 3.
- Mower: The Mower skill tree is a jack-of-all-trades as it will buff several areas of your game, such as stagger, recoil control, and ammo pickup.
If you don’t know what to use in your sniper build or still have many skill trees locked in Payday 3, you can’t go wrong with Mower. It’s a great option that covers everything you need.
13 Best Skills For Long-Range Players in Payday 3
- Mower – Mower
- Recoil Handling – Mower
- Ammo Funnel – Mower
- Replenish – Mower
- Sharpshooter – Sharpshooter
- Long Shot – Sharpshooter
- Precision Shot – Sharpshooter
- Cutting Shot – Sharpshooter
- Strategist – Strategist
- Combat Marking – Strategist
- Engineer – Engineer
- AP Turret – Engineer
- Dual Sentries – Engineer
Best Long-Range Rifles in Payday 3
The SA A144 boasts a wide range of attributes, including severe damage, precision, recoil control, and accuracy. As a marksman rifle, it proves to be a formidable weapon in the hands of players with exceptional aim, as a single shot to the head can neutralize adversaries.
While the other weapons in its class are commendable, the SA A144 stands out for its early accessibility in the game. In fact, if long-range combat is your preference, this top-tier weapon is more than sufficient.
With its lethal capabilities and early availability, the SA A144 epitomizes the perfect choice for a dedicated sniper build in Payday 3. The SA A144 is also our top-rated marksman rifle on our Payday 3 weapons tier list.
The Reinfeld 900s is a strong bolt-action marksman rifle that will make you highly deadly at close distances, allowing you to one-tap most enemies on the head at long ranges.
This weapon will be your enemy sniper’s worst nightmare, as you can take them down instantly with the Reinfeld 900s. This marksman rifle is an excellent option if you have reliable teammates, a good sidearm, and are looking for something with more firepower.
The Two Best Sidearms For Snipers in Payday 3
J&M Castigo 44
The J&M Castigo 44 is a powerful revolver that honors its name by punishing any enemy that dares to get close to you, as you can take them down with one shot to the head at short to medium distances.
If you are looking for reliability mixed with practicality in your sniper loadout, then the Signature 40 is all you need in a sidearm in Payday 3. This pistol is the first one you unlock, making it extremely helpful on loud and stealth runs.
While the Signature 40 is not the most potent pistol in the game, it is sure to become accurate through volume or become very reliable by landing headshots.
The Best Equipment for Payday 3 Snipers
Related Guide: Is Payday 3 Pay-to-win, or are all players equal?
Most Useful Deployables for Sniper Players in Payday 3
- Sentry Turret: The Sentry Turrets are great options to help you in close-quarters combat situations by taking some load off your shoulders and taking down enemies trying to get close and personal with you.
- Armor Bag: While the Armor Bag is unnecessary, especially if you have coordinated teammates, it is always nice to have it as a backup in case things get ugly.
Best Throwable Equipment for Your Loadout
- Smoke Grenade: The Smoke Grenade will help you blind enemies, helping you get away from bad situations.
- Frag Grenade: The Frag Grenade doesn’t need an introduction, but here we go: BOOM!
What Tools to Carry
- Infrasonic Mine: The Infrasonic Mine is a great option to help you stun enemies that get too close to you and give you time to deal with them without taking a lot of damage.
- Motion Sensor: The Motion Sensor can be placed close or far from you to help you mark enemies in high-traffic areas for you and your teammates.
Best Armor for Snipers
As snipers engage from range most of the time, it’s best to focus on your movement and agility in order to get to range and stay behind protection. Medium ballistic lining and standard lining are great options for balancing movement speed and protection.
With this loadout, you shouldn’t expect to be in the open in the front line. For that style of intense gameplay, check out our guns-blazing assault build for Payday 3.
Best Overkill Weapon for Sniper Builds in Payday 3
Of course, we have to recommend the anti-material sniper rifle (HET-5 Red Fox) for this Payday 3 sniper build. This rifle is no joke and will destroy anything in your path; in fact, it can end a war due to how powerful it is.
Final Thoughts on the Best Payday 3 Sniper Build
The strength of a sniper in Payday 3 lies in their skill sets, gear, and specific weapon choices. The ideal sniper build should have skills from either the Strategist, Engineer, Sharpshooter, or Mower trees, with a particular emphasis on skills that enhance marksmanship and turret use in Payday 3.
Armed with long-range rifles like the SA A144 or Reinfeld 900s and sidearms such as the J&M Castigo 44 or the Signature 40, snipers can deal significant damage from a distance while still being capable of defending themselves in close quarters.
Equipment like Sentry Turrets, Armor Bags, Smoke Grenades, Frag Grenades, Infrasonic Mines, and Motion Sensors further augment the sniper’s capability in stealth and combat. The choice of armor should strike a balance between mobility and protection.
Ultimately, achieving mastery as a sniper in Payday 3 is not just about the right build but also about understanding your role within the team and adapting to the dynamics of the game. However, with the right long-range loadout, equipment, and weapons, a sniper can be a force to be reckoned with during any heist. Remember, the best sniper is not just a marksman but a crucial player who contributes to the team’s success.
For more great loadouts, check out some of our other content, including our best Payday 3 stealth build. Stealthy runs can be one of the most fun ways to conduct your heists. For now, best of luck in your next mission.