Payday 3 is entertaining, especially when you go guns blazing, shooting anything that moves in the game. Even for a game like this, going loud can be tricky and challenging. Dominating the game, especially on more severe difficulties, takes time, practice, and knowledge.
We have created this loud/assault guide to help you decide which weapons, armor, and equipment are best suited for you when you feel trigger-happy and just want to see helmets flying. Stay with us because this guide will make you a monster in the battlegrounds of Payday 3!
Is Going Loud in Payday 3 Worth It?
Many players will agree that going guns blazing is the way to go in Payday 3, as the great soundtrack kicks in when you pull the trigger, and all the cops start rushing you. An aggressive playthrough will pack every moment, changing your objectives to complete the heist.
If you’re here for fun and action, this is the right way to play for you. Yet, get ready to fight some of the toughest enemies you’ve seen in this game. If, instead, you want to focus on a quiet entry with a great stealth build in Payday 3, check out our companion guide.
Factors to Consider for a Guns-Blazing Payday 3 Build
Let’s dive into the tactics to use in your next full-assault combat heist. A loud loadout is built to shoot everything that moves in the game’s next twenty minutes. You want potent weapons to take out hordes of enemies, good armor to absorb all enemy bullets, sound equipment, and no plan.
For loud runs, we highly recommend playing with a coordinated team so you can organize the weapons and equipment everyone will be carrying. There are a few factors to consider for a guns-blazing run in Payday 3.
Hostages play a vital role during a loud heist as they fulfill several functions for you and your teammates. First, hostages help you delay a police assault; you can trade hostages for captured teammates and resources such as small med kits.
Hostages can also be used as human shields to slow down the cops and make them think twice.
When you start a heist, the game will give you missions that can be completed through stealth, but once you start going guns blazing, the missions might change depending on the mission.
During a loud run, you will burn through your resources, such as ammo, health, armor, throwables, and deployables. For this, having a good sense of resource management and coordinating with your team is vital to cover every potential need.
If you go guns blazing, that means a wild variety of police forces will come for you, and it is crucial to be familiar with each type to counter them as soon as possible.
Payday 3 can be a challenging game, especially on higher difficulties. Higher difficulties are no joke. Enemies will destroy you in seconds, so familiarity with the difficulties and practice are crucial.
If any of these concepts are new or confusing to you, we recommend you check out our getting started with Payday 3 guide for newbies before continuing.
Best Payday 3 Loud Assault Build
Veterans of this franchise know that Payday is all about variety, and this game doesn’t disappoint. It offers a wide range of weapons and equipment to complete your missions. You should play with all the toys this game offers to find what’s best for you.
This guide will help you shape your loadout and cover the META, as well as what worked for us during our heists. Here are the five best Payday 3 skill trees for loud playstyles:
- Mower: The Mower skill tree is a jack-of-all-trades, benefiting you in several areas during combat. It improves recoil control, stagger, reload speed, and ammo pickups. You can’t go wrong with Mower as it benefits you in almost any area during combat.
- Ammo Specialist: Especially during loud runs, you will struggle with ammo, no matter how well you manage it. That’s why it’s always convenient to have an ammo specialist equipped during a loud heist. This perk improves ammo pickups and reloads.
- Tank: Just like the name suggests, this is the skill tree for those who are ‘built differently’. It will make you a juggernaut and make your armor more effective, allowing you to take a lot of damage without wasting it immediately.
- Enforcer: The Enforcer skill tree is similar to Mower as it will benefit you in combat areas of your character, such as stagger, reload speed, and damage in close-quarters combat. This skill tree is excellent for players who like to get close and personal with sub-machine guns and shotguns. For those who want a loud build based on shotguns, check out our dedicated Payday 3 shotgun build and loadout guide.
- Tactician: The Tactician skill tree is the perfect set of passive abilities for tactical players who want to make the most of their throwables. Tactician will make you more effective when attacking staggered or stunned enemies with your equipment.
13 Best Skills in Payday 3 for Loud Players
Players looking to do a head-first assault without using stealth and sneaky tactics in Payday 3 will enjoy using any of the following skills in their loadout.
- Ammo Specialist – Ammo Specialist
- High Grain – Ammo Specialist
- Plate Up – Ammo Specialist
- Mower – Mower
- Suppressive Fire – Mower
- Tank – Tank
- Extra Plates – Tank
- Enforcer – Enforcer
- Face to Face – Enforcer
- Shock & Awe – Enforcer
- Tactician – Tactician
- Coup De Grace – Tactician
- Scramble – Tactician
Best Primary Weapons for a Loud Run in Payday 3
- CAR-4: The CAR-4 is a reliable weapon in the hands of anyone, with very balanced stats that won’t disappoint. It is also the first weapon you unlock in Payday 3, and if you want to stick with it for the rest of the game, you will be more than okay.
- SA A11: The SA A11 is an amazing rifle that will be a beauty to wield in the hands of those players with good aim. Not only will this weapon shoot most enemies in the head, but it will also help you preserve ammo. It is also perfect for dealing with enemy snipers.
These are two of the best guns in Payday 3. Yet, if you find another primary weapon that brings you joy, use it. This assault build is about reckless fun going in guns blazing, so have a blast!
Most Reliable Sidearms in Payday 3
- SP Model 11: If you are looking for firepower for your sidearm, the SP Model 11 is the perfect weapon. While the recoil control and rate of fire are not the greatest, it will reward you for well-placed shots on your enemy’s head.
- Signature 403: The Signature 403 does less damage than the SP Model 11 but in exchange for better recoil control, rate of fire, and bigger magazine capacity. This gun is a good sidearm for those who like accuracy through volume.
Best Equipment for this Loadout
Most Useful Deployables and Favors for Aggressive Players in Payday 3
In Payday 3, all deployable and favors will be extremely useful for loud runs as they will be highly beneficial. Because of this, we strongly recommend you coordinate the deployable with your team so you can refill all your equipment when needed.
Best Throwable Equipment for Loud Heists in Payday 3
- Frag Grenade: The Frag Grenade is excellent for dealing damage to groups of enemies instantly.
- Flashbang Grenade: The Flashbang Grenade is excellent for staggering enemies, making them vulnerable to you for a limited time.
- Smoke Grenade: The Smoke Grenade is an excellent throwable to block the enemy’s line of sight on you temporarily.
What Tools to Carry in Payday 3: Infrasonic Mine
The Infrasonic Mine is a great tool to cover shock points and temporarily stun enemies coming through choke points. It works well in a loud assault build, as you can use it when you are being stormed by the game’s security personnel.
Best Armor to Wear in Payday 3
Any armor will work great in loud runs, depending on what type of armor you want. Some armor types will help you have better movement speed with less protection, and others offer heavy protection at the cost of movement.
Best Overkill Weapon: Marcom Mamba MGL
The Marcom Mamba MGL will allow you to neutralize large groups of enemies quickly. Remember to be careful, as this thing’s big radius can potentially harm you too.
Final Thoughts on What Makes the Best Loud Assault Build in Payday 3
When it comes to creating the best loud assault build in Payday 3, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. Each player’s strengths, preferred playstyle, and the demands of a particular heist will drive the build’s configuration. Experimenting with different skills, weapons, and equipment will ultimately lead you to a set-up that maximizes your performance during the intense firefight of a loud heist.
What’s most important is understanding how different elements in your loadout interact and complement each other. A well-chosen skill tree can enhance your weapon’s effectiveness, while the right equipment can create opportunities for your skills to shine. The best builds will always be those that allow for versatility, allowing you to adapt to the ever-changing battlefield.
Payday 3 provides a rich environment for players to explore and test a wide array of loud assault builds. It’s a game that rewards careful planning, strategic thinking, and the ability to adapt on the fly. So, equip your gear, choose the right skills, and enter the thrilling and challenging world of high-risk heists. Enjoy the chaos and the rewards!
For more great related content, check our guide best beginners tips on how to get better at Payday 3.