In Valorant, there are several ways to communicate with other players. You can use voice chat to talk with everyone in your match or text chat to send messages to specific players. However, if you want to have a private conversation with someone in Valorant, you can whisper to them.
Whispering in Valorant allows you to communicate directly with anyone else without your other allies or enemies overhearing your conversation. This type of private messaging allows you to strategize with close friends or respond directly to players outside your match.
Communication in Valorant
In Valorant, communication is key. Fortunately, there are many different ways to communicate with your team. The simplest and fastest method is to use voice chat to talk with everyone on your team. That’s great in the middle of combat, but it’s very non-direct and is shared with everyone.
Sometimes, you want to talk with just a single ally, an enemy, or you want to even talk with someone outside of your current match. To do that, you need an alternative. That’s where it pays to know how to whisper in Valorant.
Whispering allows you to send a direct message to anyone, anywhere in Valorant. You can even whisper to players who are not in your match. The only caveat is that you must know the exact username of the player you want to whisper to.
Related Article: The Best Valorant Skins for Your Favorite Weapons
How to Whisper in Valorant during a Match
It is very easy to begin a direct conversation with anyone in Valorant while in the middle of a game. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Press “Enter” to open you chat window.
- Click within the chat box to highlight it.
- Press the “Tab” button to switch your chat from “All” chat to “Whisper” chat.
- When you begin typing, Valorant will filter names from your in-game friend’s list. This is convenient if you want to whisper to a friend in Valorant. However, if the person you want to DM isn’t on your friend list, then you will need to manually enter their full name.
- Once you have selected your friend’s name or entered the full name of the person you want to contact, you can type your message.
- Press “Enter” to send your private message.
How to Whisper to Other Players Outside of a Valorant Match
- Open your friend list from the Valorant console
- Find the name of the individual you want to message and right click on their name.
- Select that you want to “Send Message” to that individual.
- Type out your whisper message and then press “Enter” to send them a direct message.
Related Article: How to Refund Valorant Skins Easily
Why Would You Want to Whisper to Other Players in Valorant
There are many reasons why you might want to use the whisper feature in Valorant. The most obvious is that it allows you to have a direct conversation with someone without everyone else in the match hearing what you’re saying. This can be very useful for strategizing or discussing how to approach an objective.
Alternatively, maybe you’re just fed up with a terrible teammate and you want to vent to one of your friends. We’ve all been there. We get it.
You may also want to reach out and directly taunt an opponent for a more personal touch. This is relatively rare, and to be honest, we haven’t seen it done yet ourselves. Yet, maybe that’s some player’s preferred reason to learn how to whisper in Valorant.
Lastly, you may want to coordinate with a friend outside of your current match. Maybe they just got online while you were playing and are wondering how long it will take you to wrap up so you two can play together.
Whatever the reason, it’s important to know how to whisper in Valorant so you can take advantage of the feature when the time is right.
How to Mute an Annoying Player Trying to Private Message You
It’s just as important to learn how to send private messages in Valorant as it is to learn how to mute players using this feature annoyingly.
If you don’t want to hear from a player who is spamming you inside or outside the game, you will need to mute them. To do that, you must:
- Open up the menu by pressing “Escape.”
- Go to the Match Details page if you are not already on it.
- Locate the fields next to player names for “Allow Communications.” Uncheck any players that you would like to mute in your current match.
If you want to mute someone outside of a match, then you will need to:
- Open your friends list and right-click on the player’s name.
- From there, select “Mute Communications.” This will prevent that player from sending you any more direct messages.
You can also use this method to temporarily or permanently block a player if you no longer want to receive any private or whispered messages from them at all.
Related Article: Check How Much Money You Have Spent on Valorant
Final Thoughts on Sending Private Messages In-Game
And that’s how you whisper in Valorant! By following these simple steps, you can easily chat with anyone you want without your allies or enemies overhearing your conversation. So next time you need to strategize with a friend or want to talk to someone outside of your match, remember to whisper!
Do you have any other tips on how to communicate in Valorant? Let us know in the comments below!
For more great insights, check out our guide on how to get better aim in Valorant. It’ll help you sight down your enemies and secure those wins!