Despite being a relatively new game in the FPS market, Riot Game’s massively successful Valorant has caught the eye of both veteran and novice gamers. The game features gameplay similar to CS:GO. Just like in any other shooter game, Valorant also comes with weapon skins that make the gameplay more fun. Yet, sometimes, you may change your mind and want to refund your skins purchases in Valorant.
Weapons skins can be upgraded using Radiant Points to further alter their look after being purchased with Valorant Points. With this, the players frequently buy some things they didn’t desire, and usually, they want them to get refunded.
So, what options do you have if you find yourself in a similar situation? Does Valorant issue refunds for the skins or points you’ve purchased at all? You need not worry, as Riot does allow players to return skins and other purchases, unlike some other games. Here’s how the refund process works in Valorant.
What Skins Can and Cannot be Refunded in Valorant
In essence, you can and cannot request a refund for specific game items. The purchases players make to accrue Valorant Points and the Weapon Skins purchased with the Valorant Points, can be refunded. The Valorant agent contract levels, battle pass, and battle pass levels, weapon skin upgrades, Radianite points, and most importantly, skin bundle purchases cannot be refunded, unfortunately.
According to the above conditions, the only eligible purchases that can be refunded will be Weapon Skins and Valorant Points. However, if you choose to buy individual items in a bundle separately, those purchases will be eligible for a refund, yet only if they satisfy the necessary conditions. Since bundles are non-refundable, your purchases will no longer be eligible for a refund if you buy the other items in the bundle all at once by completing the bundle purchase.
Now that we have discussed what the in-game items can be and cannot be refunded, let’s go through the requirements that a refundable Valorant purchase must fulfill to be eligible to request a refund from Riot Games.
Related Review: The Best Phantom Weapon Skins in Valorant, Ranked
Requirements for a Weapon Skin Reimbursement
- If you wish to request a refund for an item, the refund ticket must be placed within 14 days of the item purchase. Keeping track of your purchase timestamps will be ideal if you have doubts about choosing the best skin to purchase.
- The purchased item should not be used in any kind of matchmaking, including custom games. So make sure you don’t use the item to play any match if you wish to refund it. However, you can still use it inside the shooting range if you would like to try it out before deciding whether you want to refund it or not.
- The Weapon Skin item should be on the refundable list to be refundable. For example, you can only request refunds for weapon skins that are directly purchased through the Valorant store or purchased individually from bundles. The weapon skins that are part of the battle pass rewards or part of a bundle purchase are not eligible for a refund.
- A weapon skin refund will not be available for cash refunds. Instead, it will restore the Valorant points that were used to purchase the refunded item.
Requirements for Valorant Points Refund
- You need to place the refund ticket within 14 days of the Valorant Points purchase, similar to weapon skin purchases, to be eligible for the refund.
- You cannot request a Valorant Points refund if you have spent them on Valorant agent contract levels.
- You cannot request a Valorant Points refund if you have spent them on battle passes.
- You cannot request a Valorant Points refund if you have spent them on weapon skins, weapon skin upgrades, or weapon skin bundle purchases.
- You cannot request a Valorant Points refund if you have spent them on purchasing Radianite Points
Now that we have discussed the conditions needed to be fulfilled to request a refund for the in-game purchases let’s see how we can request a refund from Riot Games.
Related Article: Ranking the Top Vandal Skin in Valorant from Worst to Best
How to Request a Refund for Eligible Valorant Purchases
Below are the steps you need to follow to get the refund for your weapon skins or Valorant Points purchases.
- Go to Valorant official site.
- Log in to your Riot Games account.
- Navigate to the Riot Games Support page.
- Select the ‘Refund Unused Content’ option from the available choices.
- Select the “How to Refund Unused VP” option if you wish to refund a Valorant Points purchase.
- Select the “How to Refund Unused Weapon Skins” option if you wish to refund a weapon skin purchase.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and select the “Get my order history” option. If you have refund-eligible items in your account, they will appear as order history.
- Click the Refund button opposite to the item you want a refund for.
- If it is a Weapon Skin, it will get refunded right away. However, according to Riot Support information, Valorant Points refunds might take up to 12 days.
- You can submit a ticket right below from the order history section if you need further support.
Additionally, you can receive a cash refund for products that weren’t bought with VP or RP for up to 90 days. Yet, you’ll need to submit a request on the official website to do so.
You can get your Valorant Points or a cash refund by following these instructions. You can then use it to purchase another Valorant cosmetic item of your choice!
Have you faced any issues trying to refund Valorant skins or other in-game purchases? If so, we’d love to hear from you and how you resolved it with Riot. Please let us know in the comment section below.
With your hard-earned cash back in hand, you may be looking for another great skin to purchase in Valorant. If so, check out our review of the best Sheriff skins in Valorant.
Good luck and have fun!