The game Sons of the Forest has been recently released and has received positive feedback from the survival gaming community due to its distinct features and unexpected elements.
The Sons of the Forest is unique because of its recruitable characters, who offer various ways to help you survive the hostile environment. One of the prominent recruits in The Sons of the Forest worth befriending is Virginia Puffton. She is a mysterious and exciting lady who may look innocent yet will protect you and Kelvin effectively once recruited.
Unfortunately, Virginia is shy, and you must gain her trust before joining your team, which may take some time. But, as much as it appears to be a challenge, befriending Virginia is easier than it looks, and this article will cover everything you need to know before and after recruiting her.
Who is Virginia in The Sons of the Forest?
Virginia is presented to us at the beginning of the game, where our teammates are flying on the helicopter. You can see her general information on the computer before you as the daughter of the person you seek.
You will encounter Virginia shortly after you start settling in and building your first base in the Sons of the Forest. She roams your surroundings with curiosity and fear because she does not trust you.
Virginia is the daughter of the multi-trillionaire Edward Puffton, who you are looking for in the game. She is a passionate ballet ballerina; this can be seen as she performs dances in front of the player.
Besides this, there is not much information about this fascinating character; it is unknown if the developers will add more information about her.
How to Gain Virginia’s Trust and Befriend Her in The Sons of the Forest
At first, you will see Virginia walking around you and most of the time running away from you as you try to get closer. As soon as you approach her, she will show signs of fear and flee the area.
It is recommended to unequip any weapons you have equipped, as this can scare her even more. At this point, it is a matter of waiting and letting her approach you slowly, not versa.
Let It Happen Naturally
Once she slowly trusts you, she will walk towards you and either run away or start dancing in front of you. Even when she is performing dances in front of you, you should still keep your distance and wait for her to come face-to-face at her own pace.
Whenever you encounter her, it is recommended that you go and save, then wait for her to make another attempt. This is a relatively quick yet hacky way to befriend Virginia in the Sons of the Forest.
Even before you fully gain Virginia’s trust, she will help you by pointing out enemies you might not have seen yet.
Theories on How to Speed Up This Process
The game is relatively new, and as the header states, this list will cover some theories that the community has which should speed up the befriending process with Virginia in The Sons of the Forest.
- Killing enemies near her, especially if she points at them
- Starting or defusing fires around her
- Stare when she dances
- Not holding weapons around her
- Helping her if an enemy downs her
- Letting her eat from your structures
How to Know if You Are Gaining Virginia’s Trust in The Sons of the Forest
- Virginia will start to approach you more often
- Virginia will sit around you
- Virginia will bring food to you
- She starts to follow you
What Can Virginia Do in The Sons of the Forest?
Once you befriend Virginia, she will become a very useful teammate, as she will help in other areas that Kelvin cannot.
Virginia’s actions have become more independent. The first sign that you have gained her trust is when the prompt to give her an item appears. Your relationship with her will improve as you give her gifts such as weapons, a GPS locator, and clothing.
Related Guide: How to Get the Revolver in The Sons of the Forest
- Kill enemies with weapons you provide, such as a shotgun or a pistol
- Point out to enemies
- Find points of interest and guide you to them
- Bring food such as berries, fish, and more
- Sit around Kelvin and the player
- Eat from player structures
Can Virginia Follow Commands Like Kelvin in Sons of the Forest?
Unlike Kelvin, Virginia cannot take any commands, and her movements and actions are independent.
Can Virginia Die in Sons of the Forest?
Unfortunately, like Kelvin, Virginia can die in Sons of the Forest and won’t respawn. The good news is that Virginia can’t die off-screen, meaning the mutants and cannibals won’t attack her or Kelvin if you are not around.
Can You Revive Virginia in The Sons of the Forest?
Thankfully, just like Kelvin, the community has found a handy workaround to bring her back if she were to die without going to an old save.
How to Revive Virginia in Sons of the Forest
- Open your Windows File explorer and paste the following line: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Endnight\SonsOfTheForest\Saves
- You will see a folder with a long number; click on it
- Click on the most recently modified folder
- Go to GameStateSaveData.json and select Wordpad to open the file
- Use CTRL+F and search for this: ‘’IsVirginiaDead\’’:true
- Change :true to :false
- Save the file and close it
- Find the file SaveData.json and open it with Wordpad
- Search with CTRL+F for the following line “TypeId\”:10
- Leave it as it is, and by scrolling a little, blow it until you find this: \”State\”:6
- Change it to \”State\”:2
- Use CTRL+F to find “Health\”:0.
- It can potentially say either “Health\”:0.0 or “Health\”:0.645654
- Change ONLY the first 0 to 100
- Save and exit the file
It is essential not to miss a single step; otherwise, Virginia won’t respawn or will spawn as an emotionless Non-Player Character (NPC). If you do every step correctly, Virginia should be bright and new once you restart the game.
Interesting Facts About Virginia
- Virginia’s feet are fused and have no toes, which resemble the shape of ballet slippers.
- It is unknown if Virginia is the biological daughter of Edward Puffton.
- Virginia’s bedroom is in the last section of The Sons of the Forest.
Hopefully, you will find the information covered in this article helpful for your subsequent encounters with Virginia in Sons of the Forest.
This information should be enough to recruit Virginia on your next playthrough, gain her trust, and make her a handy companion who will protect you at costs.
Let us know in the comments below what kind of content you would like to see about Sons of the Forest or other amazing survival games. Stay tuned for more upcoming content in the coming days!
Good luck and have fun, fellow survivors!