Hogwarts Legacy is the game of the moment. It lets you dive into this fantastic and magical universe with extreme detail, great characters, and excellent gameplay.
The game is what every Harry Potter fan has always wanted: a complete game that lets them explore every corner of this magical universe, specifically Hogwarts. Every spot is expected to be filled with fantastic stuff, such as secrets, puzzles, and even combat.
One of the mechanics that makes this game shine and feel magical is the puzzles, specifically the door puzzles that look simple enough. When you think you have the answer, however, you will find out it is wrong.
Here, we will tell you how to find what you need to solve every door puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy and how they work.
What are the Door Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy?
These puzzles are twelve mysterious doors located all around Hogwarts, and they are only some of the great secrets hidden throughout the game.
These doors can be identified by their frame of magical animals and, near them, some interrogation symbols that can be interacted with to change the image on them.
At first, as any gamer would do, you will try to kick down the door with countless attacks; however, unfortunately, this won’t work. First, you will need to find the Arithmancy Study Guide Page.
The Arithmancy Study Guide Page Location
The Arithmancy Study Guide page is a quest item that will help you to quickly solve every door puzzle. You will need the information in it to find the numerical value of each animal symbol.
To locate the Arithmancy Study Guide page, head to the Library Annex or take the Floo Network Fast Travel option to the Divination Classrooms.
Next to the Divination Classroom’s Floo Flame, head towards the rafters until you find a right turn. Take the right turn until you see one of these doors with a small chest in front of it.
Open this chest to find the location of the Arithmancy Study Guide page that you will use to solve the door puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy.
At first, this page may seem confusing, but once you understand its purpose, you will find it extremely useful in solving these mysterious puzzles.
How to Solve Door Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy (w/ Example)
- First, you must interact with the door to reveal its symbols.
- On the two triangles, you will see two big numbers in the middle. They equal the total value you must reach with the symbols to solve the puzzle.
- On the first triangle, we have the number 21, which is the total, and on the top, we have a Tentacle Goat, which value is 2 based on the Arithmancy Study Guide Page.
- Since we already have the number 11 set in the first triangle plus the 2, which is the value of the Tentacle Goat. In this case, by selecting the spider, we would get a total of 21 as its value is 8.
- Select the Spider in the single question mark on the wall.
- For the second triangle below and the question mark, you will need to do the same to find a number that gets you to the total in the middle of the second triangle.
Voilà! The door is open! Using this method, you should be ready to solve all of the twelve door puzzles around Hogwarts!
Location of Every Known Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy
- Divination Classroom – Library Annex Area
- North Hall – Astronomy Wing
- Arithmancy Classroom – Library Annex Area
- The Great Hall
- Central Hall – Library Annex Area
- Long Gallery – Close to Potions Classroom
- Charms Classroom – Astronomy Wing
- Ravenclaw Tower – Grand Staircase Area
- Grand Staircase
- Faculty Tower – Southwing Area
- Near the House Hourglasses – Grand Staircase Area
Some of these areas are locked, and you must progress through the main story to access them.
We hope this guide on how to solve and open every door puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy will help you on your journey through the game. Moreover, we wish that you have as much fun with this fantastic and magical game as we do!
Please let us know what topics you would like us to cover about Hogwarts Legacy down below in the comments. In the meantime, feel free to visit our other guides and articles about other amazing games!
Good luck, and Have Fun Fellow Witches and Wizards!