Are you struggling to stay alive in Warzone 2? Don’t give up; becoming an expert gamer takes time and practice. One way to speed up the process is by utilizing counterintelligence equipment effectively, as it helps you gain a competitive advantage over your adversaries.
In this article, we’ll provide an in-depth guide to help gamers like you understand the intricacies of all available counter intelligence and recon equipment in Warzone 2. Moreover, we will show you how they can be employed for maximum success during multiplayer games. So don’t delay; read on to learn where your enemies are and have the upper hand at all times against them!
Overview of Counter Intel Equipment in Warzone 2.0
Warzone 2 provides counter intelligence gear, allowing you to gain a temporary and advantageous insight into the location of your adversaries. This can be presented either by a signifier on the map or alternatively by detecting their body heat signature.
While Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2.0 doesn’t have specific terminology for these devices, for this article, we will collectively call them counter-intel or counter intelligence gear.
These devices are often overlooked for several reasons; however, in the right hands, they can be a great source of information for you and your teammates, giving you a better idea of what to expect in upcoming gunfights.
Counter-Intel gear can be found in different ways in Warzone 2.0.
When it comes to your loadout settings for each match, equip yourself with the right kinds of throwable equipment. This gear can be acquired from a loadout drop once you interact with it or alternatively located around the map by looting.
Whatever way you choose, make sure that this special type of gear is part of your strategy – as doing so will give you an edge over other players and have more successful matches!
During battle, these devices are invaluable as they can only be discovered in the heat of competition. Such tools offer unparalleled assistance to you or your squad by providing essential intelligence and insights.
The UAV killstreak is an invaluable asset that grants players insight on the entire playing field.
Best Gadgets for Counter-Intel
Different types of counterintelligence devices can be found and equipped during a Warzone 2 match. Next, we will cover the best pieces of intel gathering and recon equipment and give some quick tips on using each.
Tactical Equipment can be found during a match or grabbed from a Loadout Drop if previously equipped on one of your loadouts.
Unleash the power of the Snapshot Grenade! This high-tech device will provide short but precise intel on your opponents by illuminating their figures and movements for a limited time. Take advantage of this unique counterintelligence tool to gain an upper hand in any battle – you won’t be disappointed!
Tips on How to Use the Snapshot Grenade to Gather Intel in Warzone 2
- Use it if you are suspicious that an enemy is close but unseen.
- If an enemy aggressively pushes you, use it to gain intel on them.
- Even if an enemy uses Battle Hardened, the Snapshot Grenade will tell you that someone is close by popping the Battle Hardened perk icon on the screen.
How to Counter Snapshot Grenades Used by Other Players
- Using Battle Hardened will hide your signature from enemies using Snapshot Grenades, but they will still know that you are in a specific place.
- If you get marked by a Snapshot Grenade, most enemies will expect you to run away. So, be unpredictable by predicting your enemy’s movements. Your enemy will likely start moving toward your location as soon as you get marked. Turn the tables and prepare to fight on the defensive.
The Heartbeat Sensor is a counter-intelligence gathering device in Warzone 2 that will give you the direction and distance from enemies around your location at a slow rate without giving you information on their movements.
Although this particular intel device has been weakened from the last installment of Call of Duty: Warzone, its potential remains strong in the early phases when opponents have yet to arm themselves with upgrades and advantages.
- Use it only early to mid-game
- Do not rely on the Heartbeat Sensor during the end-game phase, as enemies will probably have perks to counter it.
How to Counter Heartbeat Sensor to Gather Intelligence in Warzone 2
- The Ghost Perk will hide you from Heartbeat Sensor Signatures
- If you notice that an enemy is using it very close to you, follow the sound and push them quickly, as they will be somewhat vulnerable.
Field Upgrades can only get acquired during a match by looting.
The Tactical Camera is a remote-controlled device that can spot and mark enemies. This device is perfect when playing with a team, as you can provide intel for your teammates as they push a spot where enemies are expected.
- Don’t use it if running solo, as it will leave you utterly vulnerable while using it.
- Use it in choke points or rooms where enemies are located to provide precise intel to your teammates.
- Give your teammates info on the enemies’ location before marking them to prevent them from reacting.
How to Counter Tactical Camera Use
- The Cold Blooded Perk will prevent enemies from marking you but will be able to see you through the camera.
- The Tactical Camera makes it so stay aware of taking it down before enemies can use it against you.
Related Article: Do I Have to Buy MW2 to play Warzone 2?
The Portable Radar is a handy intelligence-gathering device that will ping enemies on the Warzone 2 map in a small surrounding area for a limited time. This device can be placed anywhere and destroyed if you use another field upgrade.
- Place it in a spot where enemies can’t quickly destroy it.
- Use it before entering a hostile building to get intel on enemies’ locations.
- If an enemy is above or below, the ping on the map will have an arrow pointing up or down.
- Do not rely on this device late in the match.
How to Counter Portable Radar
The Portable Radar can be countered with the Ghost Perk.
- The Portable Radar makes a ping noise every few seconds; use it to locate it.
The Recon Drone is the most effective Field Upgrade and Counter-Intel device for your teammates in Warzone 2. It will allow you to travel through a limited area, pinging the exact location of enemies.
This Recon Drone can also get used with thermal optics to spot enemies easier.
- Use the thermal optics to easily spot enemies
- Go high or find cover to hide it from enemies
- Have someone provide cover or place traps around you while using it
- Provide verbal intel to your Warzone 2 teammates before marking enemies
How to Counter Recon Drone
- The Cold Blooded Perk will make you hard to spot with the drone’s thermal optics.
- Enemies won’t be able to mark you in Warzone 2 with this counterintelligence device if using Cold Blooded.
- This drone is easy to spot, so make sure to destroy it as soon as you see it.
- If you are fighting a team using a drone, one of their teammates will be temporarily out of the fight.
Counter Intel Perks in Warzone 2
Perks are passive abilities that can only be selected before a match and equipped through a Loadout Drop. Most of the following Warzone 2 perks have the specific task of countering enemy intel devices used against you.
Tracker is a quick way to get intel on enemies in close-quarters situations, as their footprints will be marked on the ground allowing you to track their path.
- If a footprint is bright red, the enemy is extremely close.
- Use Dead Silence to approach an enemy from behind without getting spotted.
How to Counter the Tracker Intelligence Gathering Perk in Warzone 2
- Dead Silence is the only tool that can temporarily hide your footprints
- Always watch your back to prevent enemies from sneaking behind you.
Spotter won’t give you precise intelligence on enemies in Warzone 2. Yet, it will provide information on enemy equipment such as claymores, mines, and C4.
This perk will also allow you to hack enemy equipment.
- If you spot enemy equipment in a building, it is likely that they are barricaded.
- Hack enemy equipment silently to activate their traps on them.
- Aim at the enemy devices to mark them for your teammates.
How to Counter Spotter
- Stay aware of the status of your deployed equipment.
- Most hacked equipment will have an intermittent red light.
BirdsEye is a suitable complement for UAVs and other devices that ping enemies on the map.
This perk will allow you to see where enemies are looking and give you pings on the map when someone else activates a UAV.
Tips to Using this Counter Intelligence Perk in Warzone 2
- Use this perk to surprise enemies by flanking them
- Provide precise intel to your teammates when using this perk.
How to Counter High Alert
- There is no way to know if someone is using this perk but watching different angles will help.
- High Alert (described next) is a good option against players using the Birdseye perk
High Alert is a counter intel perk in Warzone 2 that will save your life countless times. It will flash in one side of your screen if an enemy has spotted you. This perk will also give you a general indication of where the enemies have located you.
- If you get spotted, find cover instead of shooting back
- Alert your teammates and let them know which direction enemies are spotting you from so they can provide cover and counter-attack
- Break the line of sight and rotate to a different position to flank your enemies
How to Counter High Alert
- Cold-Blooded will not trigger High Alert on your enemies.
Killstreaks in Warzone 2 that Help You Gather Intelligence
There are several Killstreaks in Warzone 2.0, but only one will provide information about your enemies’ locations.
The UAV can be found or purchased on a Buy Station. Once activated, it will provide information on the minimap about enemies in a significant map area.
- Activate it inside the circle and in areas with high traffic of players
- Coordinate with your teammates to use it effectively
- Use it with the Birdseye perk to know where enemies are looking.
How to Counter Recon Drone:
- Ghost will hide you from enemies’ UAVs.
- Guided launchers quickly destroy UAVs.
- While an enemy UAV is active, avoid open areas and get to cover.
If you’d like to learn more about how to build yourself in Warzone 2, check out our in-depth guide to the best perk packages in Warzone 2.
Tips to be Effective with Counter-Intel Gadgets in Warzone 2
- Constantly communicate and provide info to your teammates
- Use counter-intel gear as soon as you feel you need it, especially in gunfights. ‘’Saving it for later’’ can get you killed
- Be smart with the intel, be unpredictable, and don’t just rush your enemies
- Get a good spot before starting an attack
- Even tho you have the upper hand, be mindful of your capabilities, don’t rush a building if you only have a sniper and a pistol.
- Other equipment, such as Stun Grenades, Flash Grenades, and Suppression Mines, can provide quick intel about enemies in Warzone 2.
If an enemy uses Bomb Squad or Battle Hardened, you will still get hit markers that will let you know if someone is inside a room.
Last Thoughts to our Counter-Intel Guide for Warzone 2.0
In Warzone 2, there are many different types of counterintelligence gear and perks to choose from. Depending on your playstyle and what you’re trying to accomplish in the game, you’ll want to select different combinations of these items.
In this guide, we’ve gone over each of the counterintelligence gear and perks in Warzone 2 so that you can make an informed decision about which ones are right for you. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Feel free to visit our site for other Warzone 2.0 articles with valuable information that will help you be a deadly player. In particular, feel free to look at our best Warzone 2 map locations for sniping. It has some great locations to choose from, and if you are always finding yourself getting taken out by a sniper in-game, you may want to check out where they are likely hiding!
And, if you haven’t already picked up Warzone 2, you can download it for free from Steam’s store page.
Good Luck, and Have Fun!