Booby traps are one of the most fun and tricky mechanisms in tactical FPS games. You have to check every corner and door on your way to find out whether a trap has been placed there or not. It takes quite some time for a gamer to be completely aware of locations for booby traps, but for beginners, things are pretty confusing. For this specific reason, we compiled a Ready or not Booby trap guide to help you understand what are they and how you can stay safe from them. So, without any delay let’s hop into the details.
What is a Ready or Not Booby Trap
So, a booby trap can be a hidden trap like a wire that activates upon impact or an explosive one that blows upon impact. Generally, that trap is placed on the bottom of the door where you have difficulty finding it.
In Ready or not these traps are mostly found in only one game mode, which is Barricaded Suspect. But, for safety, you need to look out for them in other modes as well, including the challenging Hostage Rescue game type. As already discussed, they are mostly found below the door side.
There are two types of Ready or no Booby traps;
- Flashbang: that flashes upon impact and makes you go nuts. When you are playing Ready or not with focus and suddenly a flashbang trap activates, you don’t even know what is happening. It disorients you in the game for a period while giving the enemy a complete chance to harm you.
- HE Grenade: if the flashbang makes you crazy, the grenade one kills you instantly. There is only regret at that time because you can’t do anything. Concerning the other type these Ready or not booby traps are way closer to the door side, while there might be a chance of you not being dead after it’s activated. It’s a slight chance, but in the end, it’s a chance, no one knows what is going to happen.
Tricks to find Ready or not Booby trap
There are various ways to find Booby Traps in Ready or not, out of the bunch best ones are;
- Mirror Gun: Yes, Ready or not comes with a special gun by the name of “mirror gun”. It has only one purpose, which is to let you peek at the entrance of doors. This might seem a bit negative if you are a beginner, but believe me, checking corners with a mirror gun is never regrettable.
- Door Peek: If you don’t have a mirror gun in your hand, then the other way to find a Ready or not booby trap is door peek. It means you don’t have to open the door, rather take a little peek from it. You will see a wire/trap hidden at the door side.
- Look: Simply move your mouse to see the bottom of the door. Well, it’s self-explanatory because most people use this method. It’s not as great because you don’t even see the trap at first sight in some situations.
How to be Sure that a Door is or is not Booby-Trapped
The most obvious part is that door is locked. Well, who closes the doors in an FPS game? A locked door should be assumed to have booby traps planted on them. Take a little peek out of the door with it barely opened. Then, cut the trap if you see one with that multi-tool you have in your pocket. Make sure you have decent graphics settings in Ready or Not. Sometimes these traps can be hard to spot.
How to Stay Safe from a Ready or Not Booby Trap
Games like Call of Duty or Doom are based on agility, but it’s not the case with Ready or not. The main reason is that it is a tactical shooter game similar to SWAT 4 or Rainbow Six Siege. These games require patience, brainpower, and focus to get things done. If you are always rushing, then surely you will lose the game. Booby traps are one of the hidden mechanisms that can get you killed instantly so be aware of your surroundings.
How to Disarm a Booby Trap in Ready or Not
You have a tool in ready or not that is used to cut booby traps. Simply hold your default interact button (F) to disarm the wire. But keep in mind you can’t randomly default the wire based on luck. You will have to find it on the door, be patient with it and get things done carefully.
Booby Traps are the most fun mechanism of the game if you are using them. It is reverse if you are getting killed because of one. Here in this article on Ready or not Booby Trap, we discussed what are they, how to find them, and disarm them. Just be patient in the game and use your brain to win the round, it’s not always about agility or aim here.
Check out this link for more gaming news and reviews.