Green Hell is the survival game that everyone is talking about, apparently. Since we weren’t in on the conversation, our curiosity peaked, so we decided to look at the game. What we saw impressed us, so now we will quickly dive into the game and see where we can find the elusive grappling hook in Green Hell.
Why Do You Need The Grappling Hook In Green Hell?
A fair question, one might ask, is, why do you need the grappling hook in Green Hell? Considering that the game thrusts you into a dangerous setting right from the start is a good reason, wouldn’t you agree? You’re in the middle of an Amazonian rainforest packed with dangerous wildlife and deadly plants that can kill you instantly if you don’t prepare.
In all seriousness, the grappling hook can be a lifesaver, allowing you to get to safety from dangerous predators and reach inaccessible areas to find goodies hidden away from plain sight.
Where Is The Grappling Hook In Green Hell?
All right, straight to business then; let’s start by figuring out the location of the grappling hook. The map above is marked with the location of the grappling hook, but it’s not as simple as going there and retrieving it. You need to be aware of the dangers along the way.
A simple set of instructions are all you will need to follow to get to the grappling hook in Green Hell.
- A simple point of reference is an excellent place to start; in this case, we recommend the coordinates 46 West and 26 South. The grappling hook is located at 44 West, and 17 South.
- Start heading North, then as you approach the mountainous area, turn North West and head straight ahead.
- If you keep following the path, you will approach a cave entrance with red writing. Once you reach it, pass through it and keep proceeding until you see an upward path to your right.
- After turning right, you must go straight up the path and keep going North and North West until you can move straight ahead and see a log bridge.
- You need to cross over the log bridge and head forward. Be mindful of your surroundings, as you can potentially encounter tribesmen, snakes, and other dangers. Head North until your coordinates are 17 South.
- After reaching 17 South, you need to turn East and head straight ahead until you reach 45 West, and there will be a riverbed nearby.
- Once you reach the riverbed at 45 West, turn left and head straight ahead into the murky brown path.
- Follow the brown earthy dried river path until you encounter a turned-over jeep.
- Approach the jeep, and loot what you need to fill your character’s needs.
- Before leaving the spot with the jeep, don’t forget to pick up the can of fuel you need to get the grappling hook.
- After getting the fuel can, hop over to the other side and follow along the path made by the tire tracks of the jeep.
- You will come across blue barrels and a tilted log in front of you; head through this path and continue ahead.
- Up ahead, you will come across an opening, but be careful; the tribesmen will be there sometimes. Go through the path and head straight. Keep going until you see a snare trap.
- The snare trap is a good point of reference. Once you approach it, take a breather and turn to your left.
- The left path from the snare trap will be visible clearly; go down this path into a cave.
- The cave can sometimes be dangerous, as there are scorpions and venomous spiders, so tread carefully but proceed ahead.
- You will come across a generator; remember the fuel can that you picked up? This is where you’ll be using it. That grappling hook in Green Hell isn’t far from here.
- Use the fuel can to fill up the generator and turn it on. As it turns out, the generator is being used to power the elevator. Hop on, and hit the switch.
- After riding down the painfully slow elevator, you must go ahead and move straight while sticking to the path.
- You will come across a clear open space. Continue heading down until you get the notification about the ‘illegal gold mine.’
- Your coordinates should be 40 West and 15 South as you reach the bottom. You will see a few huts ahead; head straight up the path toward them.
- You must go to the right hut with the blue and white barrels.
- Inside the hut, you will see the grappling hook. Voila! You’ve got what you were seeking.
There you have it, a step-by-step guide on how to get the grappling hook in Green Hell. Think I missed out on any important detail? Do you know a better way to get the grappling hook? Let me know in the comments below.
Here’s a link to our other article, which you can read. Is Green Hell Multiplayer Fun?